What did you cook or eat today (September 2019)?

Tomato-Chickpea-Feta Salad. I make this one a lot.
DFB0E866-7B31-42EB-A642-62CBBBEA511A.jpeg

Got home at 8pm last night after a 13 hour job which meant no food stops. Yesterday started at 6 am with toast coffee and oj. Sat down at 8.30 pm with toast and 3 poached eggs.

Today... Not sure yet.

Russ

Daughter and grandson coming for dinner as she has some issues at her home, open home house sale viewing. I'm cooking roast chicken and veges. I'm looking forward to a decent meal.

Russ

1860A5EB-DB18-4A45-BF3A-E4C0B2190793.jpeg

My teenage daughter made this spicy fried chicken for me. She told me she didn’t need any help, but she did accept my advice to not dip it in hot sauce and then start frying it, for safety reasons. Instead, she used Aji Amarillo powder that I had ground previously. And, I’m happy to say, it’s really good! I expected her to overcook it, and she didn’t. It’s very spicy, but not so much that you can’t taste it. I’m so proud of her.

What's in the dressing?
Oil and vinegar, mainly. What's nice, though, is it calls for seasoning some feta cheese (dried oregano or dried Italian seasoning), then adding oil and setting it aside to soften a bit while doing the rest.

At the end, the cheese gets mixed in with white wine vinegar and more oil, and that's it. It ends up being a little creamy from the soft cheese.

Back
Top Bottom