What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
********* ALERT ALERT *********

********* THE BRINK OF A SPUD FAMINE *********

None of the supermarkets or day markets had spuds for sale

In this town nor the town to the east

This has been the case for almost a week now!​

Here's a pic of the cereal I was excited to find in store. It's nice to have more options than just chocolate & nuts.
View attachment 92849
how lovely. I recently bought an xxl package of cinnamon, it was downmarked. I have been using cinammon to sprinkle over my non-coffee coffee (cichorium intybus), alongside turmeric. I love the aromas.

how lovely. I recently bought an xxl package of cinnamon, it was downmarked. I have been using cinammon to sprinkle over my non-coffee coffee (cichorium intybus), alongside turmeric. I love the aromas.

Chicory is a popular addition to coffee in Cajun country in the US (SW Louisiana and SE Texas). It's pretty bold in flavor.

Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 6.08.46 PM.jpg

CD

Wattleseed is another thing I'd never heard of, and it is not another name for something we have here. That looks like an Australia only thing. It sounds interesting.

CD
Yeah, changing continent has been a massive learning experience.

Another I encounter frequently is Lemon Myrtle. It's not one I like tbh.

But I have been trying to grow native stuff in the garden. I served some a few days ago, warrigal greens which grows quite happily in my veg plot. If it grows through the wire though my chooks eat it. They can't get enough out the stuff for some reason.
I'm considering a garlic scrapes & warrigal greens pesto...

Yeah, changing continent has been a massive learning experience.

Another I encounter frequently is Lemon Myrtle. It's not one I like tbh.

But I have been trying to grow native stuff in the garden. I served some a few days ago, warrigal greens which grows quite happily in my veg plot. If it grows through the wire though my chooks eat it. They can't get enough out the stuff for some reason.
I'm considering a garlic scrapes & warrigal greens pesto...

I try to grow native as well. My ornamental plants (trees, bushes and ground covers) are all native to North Texas. In my food plantings, my chilis are well adapted to my climate, and my rosemary, thyme and oregano do well most summers. Summer 2022 was an outlier, so I lost the rosemary and thyme... and my chilis. Somehow, about half of the oregano survived. I grew my basil in the kitchen window this year.

CD

One kilogramme of Jalapeños that I ordered last week. Long story about the delay in delivery but they arrived today.

I pickled about 40% in white vinegar with garlic and black mustard seeds.

Vacuum packed 50% for freezing.

Two went in the fridge to garnish my char siu noodles tomorrow (assuming that they're open).

Wattleseed is another thing I'd never heard of, and it is not another name for something we have here. That looks like an Australia only thing. It sounds interesting.

CD
I’ve had this before:

Beer Advocate

It was ok, as I remember, but nothing so special as to make me say, “Wow, now that’s some good wattle…” :wink:

“I’ll start the bidding a 1 dollar 1 dollar bid do I have 1 dollar for each of these fine avocados…1 dollar! Now I have 1 dollar now 2 now 2 who’ll give me 2 dollars apiece…”

I've now been informed that they are not ours. They belong to my wife's cousin whom she accompanied to the funeral. I wondered why she bought so many.

There are 3 kilos there which cost ฿100.00 (around US$3.00).

I've now been informed that they are not ours. They belong to my wife's cousin whom she accompanied to the funeral. I wondered why she bought so many.

There are 3 kilos there which cost ฿100.00 (around US$3.00).
They're running about .89¢ each here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom