What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3litres of tomato sauce, 1 natural yogurt and 1 small can of tuna, all for 5,72€
1670317296879.png

********* ALERT ALERT *********

********* THE BRINK OF A SPUD FAMINE *********

None of the supermarkets or day markets had spuds for sale

In this town nor the town to the east

This has been the case for almost a week now!​

Disaster avoided. At least for the time being. There was about 6 kg in Makro today. There's just over 1 kg here. We needed to pick and choose.

The moo grob in Thailand usually has fat and probably some meat attached to the skin, viz:

The pork that I posted was just skin.

Chicharrón can be either just the skin, or pork belly with skin. Pretty much the same thing, with a different name. Chicharrón is a Mexican treat.

CD

Unexpected “night out” (I put that in quotes because I was back home by 9:20PM, and that’s counting 40-minute drives each way :laugh: ), and it included a stop at the international market:

One other good thing about the market, they have a taproom inside, so you’re allowed to do this:

That’s my nephew-in-law up ahead. His comment, “Why doesn’t every grocery store let you wander around with a beer?” :laugh:

And here’s roughly half their hot sauce selection:

The other half of the alphabet is round the other side, including ones behind a screen because they have dirty adult names. :laugh:

I've put those in the Christmas thread because they relate to Christmas, but these arrived today

See Christmas 2022 this post and the one below for a description

I also had 2 other parcels from Black Friday sales. I couldn't resist some more yarn... 6 × 100g skeins oflf sock yarn and 6 × 200g skeins of cotton, plus a 450g cone of Australian grown and processed, plus spun cotton...

PS, those chocolates are our entire Christmas, Anniversary and a special birthday chocolates for December. I only usually buy them once a year. There are unlikely to be any more unless hubby bought any in Adelaide or Sydney whilst he was away and somehow managed to hide them without them melting...

But there could be chocolate at the vegan hotel he's taking me to over Christmas... (not actually for Christmas but for that birthday)

I totally understand the concept of a vegan restaurant, but what makes a hotel vegan? :scratchhead:

CD

This is not me speaking - it's a quote from an internet page:

"What’s a vegan hotel, anyway?

A vegan hotel won’t have, for example: down filled pillows or duvets.

It won’t have wool blankets, fur pillows, or leather chairs.

Its spa, if there is one, will use only vegan friendly products.

And of course, it will certainly have an expansive, delicious vegan menu for every single meal."

This is not me speaking - it's a quote from an internet page:

"What’s a vegan hotel, anyway?

A vegan hotel won’t have, for example: down filled pillows or duvets.

It won’t have wool blankets, fur pillows, or leather chairs.

Its spa, if there is one, will use only vegan friendly products.

And of course, it will certainly have an expansive, delicious vegan menu for every single meal."

Okay, that makes sense... I guess. I assume they also put a vegan chocolate on your down-free pillow with turn down service.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom