New to CookingBites? Make your first post here and say HELLO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I live in Durham [UK] but am originally from Leeds. I'm a retired nurse and spent most of my working life caring for dementia sufferers.
As well as cooking and baking I love to knit and crochet.
I love trying out new recipes and am looking forward to exploring everything on offer here.

Hi. I live in Durham [UK] but am originally from Leeds. I'm a retired nurse and spent most of my working life caring for dementia sufferers.
I love trying out new recipes and am looking forward to exploring everything on offer here.

Hi @Soosiequeue and welcome to the forum. Please join in wherever you like. I hope you enjoy. I'm retired as well and it is fantastic to have all that time to cook during the day!

Hi and welcome.

:welcome:

I worked in Care of the Elderly for 15 years, and am also retired. I love cooking and baking, but knitting and crochet have gone on the back burner at the moment - too much "help" from my 3 cats and my greyhound :D

Hi

Welcome to CookingBites :welcome:

I'm originally from the UK, north west, but am now living out in Australia (on secondment) for a few years. Been out here for a year now!
I also knit (mostly very large blankets) and whilst I can crochet, I haven't done for years now.

SNSSO
(Site Owner)

Eyup narthen sithi!

A restaurant manager who is really dedicated to her job because she wanted to put up a restaurant someday. That's me, Ashley! Hi and Hello to everyone here. I know that I can contribute more to this forum. Cheers to all!

Hi @Soosiequeue and welcome to the forum. Please join in wherever you like. I hope you enjoy. I'm retired as well and it is fantastic to have all that time to cook during the day!
Thank you for the welcome
Eyup narthen sithi!
'Ow's tha doin' chuck ?
Hi and welcome.
Thank you
:welcome:

I worked in Care of the Elderly for 15 years, and am also retired. I love cooking and baking, but knitting and crochet have gone on the back burner at the moment - too much "help" from my 3 cats and my greyhound :D
Hello, I have an elderly cat and a rough coated lurcher, neither of which are interested in my craft projects but are definitely interested in food !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I have an elderly cat and a rough coated lurcher, neither of which are interested in my craft projects but are definitely interested in food !!

My cats are 20 in October, and a brother and sister who are 13. My greyhound is nearly 6. I am still trying to find a way to open the fridge door without him waking up.

P.S. I used to have a smooth coated lurcher 50 years ago. Beautiful dogs.

Hello and welcome ..from windy Edinburgh the land of the potholes :thumbsup:

Hello from Sunny Staffordshire.:wave: Very excited to have found you all. I had a god nose about the site last night and have a load of recipes I want to try now.

So. Me! I loved up here from London a few years ago. Work in websites and with disabled children but both of these part time so I have more time to cook now! Though my kitchen in minute so I play pan tetris a lot. I have a garden now too but this is concrete so I am container gardening and only grow things I can eat. Loads of herbs and some edible flowers, but the potatoes and tomatoes don't seem too happy. Oh, and a very old and productive apple tree.

No cats, no dogs, and I don't know or crochet :)

I'm looking forward to chatting to you all and sharing recipes and tips. Oh, and using ALL the foodie smilies!:spaghetti:

Welcome to CookingBites :welcome:. Please dive in and join in wherever you like. A good place to start is
Hello from Sunny Staffordshire.:wave: Very excited to have found you all. I had a god nose about the site last night and have a load of recipes I want to try now.

So. Me! I loved up here from London a few years ago. Work in websites and with disabled children but both of these part time so I have more time to cook now! Though my kitchen in minute so I play pan tetris a lot. I have a garden now too but this is concrete so I am container gardening and only grow things I can eat. Loads of herbs and some edible flowers, but the potatoes and tomatoes don't seem too happy. Oh, and a very old and productive apple tree.

I'm looking forward to chatting to you all and sharing recipes and tips. Oh, and using ALL the foodie smilies!:spaghetti:

Welcome to CookingBites. :welcome: Please dive in and join in wherever you want to. A good place to start is What did you cook/eat today (July 2017)? Simply tell us what you cooked or ate today! We also have to challenges running at the moment:The CookingBites Recipe Challenge (for which the ingredient is vinegar) and the The Spice Challenge (cinnamon), for which there is a prize. I hope you enjoy!

Hi and welcome. I love that term. Pan tetris. My kitchen isn't exactly small, but I play that game and the appliance shuffle. (Ok if I use this one, I have to move that one to a different plug to use it too. Or turn A off to use B.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom