Coronation Food

Because we still hang on to mediaeval latin names: Carolus =Charles.
well you got me calling him King Carole in my head (now Carolus). I think it's stuck. But maybe even better would be King Callous. Because I still am a little salty about how he treated his first wife.

Hot from the oven:

IMG_4273.jpeg

I just learned something new. Queen Elizabeth II insisted that her steak be cooked (GASP) well done!!!!! :eek:

CD

Queen Elizabeth II insisted that her steak be cooked (GASP) well done!!!!! :eek:
Alas, twas true!! Just read a couple of interesting articles on royal eating habits. HM apparently preferred venison steak to beef, and her favourite dish was something called Gaelic steak: seared in butter and oil, salt and peppered, then flambeed in Irish whiskey and finished with cream. Well done.
There's no garlic, very few onions, no sloppy tomato sauces, no seafood and no "exotic" food (Indian, Thai, Vietnamese, Mexican, Texan, etc) allowed in the Royal Household either :laugh: :laugh:. Might upset the Royal Tummies.

A perverse thought just crossed my mind.
If the British Royal Family are not allowed to eat "exotic" foods - what about the Thai Royal Family and the Emperor of Japan? Would overcooked steaks and roast dinners be banned?

I just learned something new. Queen Elizabeth II insisted that her steak be cooked (GASP) well done!!!!! :eek:

CD

Alas, twas true!! Just read a couple of interesting articles on royal eating habits.

Yes - I sometimes watch “The Royal Chef” Darren McGrady, who cooked for the royal family and then for Princess Diana and “the boys” until her death, and he tells a lot of stories about QE2’s overall disinterest in food. She had her favorites, she loved afternoon tea and had that every day, even when traveling, but her tastes were rooted in her generational upbringing - hence the well-done steak (and beef Wellington).

He tells stories about how Philip, who was very much the opposite, sort of enjoyed it when she wasn’t having dinner at home, because then they could have more diverse and unusual things.

BTW, caseydog, he’s based out of Dallas (he owns a catering company), and at least one of his videos, he shot at a friend’s restaurant kitchen in Frisco.

Yes - I sometimes watch “The Royal Chef” Darren McGrady, who cooked for the royal family and then for Princess Diana and “the boys” until her death, and he tells a lot of stories about QE2’s overall disinterest in food. She had her favorites, she loved afternoon tea and had that every day, even when traveling, but her tastes were rooted in her generational upbringing - hence the well-done steak (and beef Wellington).

He tells stories about how Philip, who was very much the opposite, sort of enjoyed it when she wasn’t having dinner at home, because then they could have more diverse and unusual things.

BTW, caseydog, he’s based out of Dallas (he owns a catering company), and at least one of his videos, he shot at a friend’s restaurant kitchen in Frisco.

I looked his catering company up, and it is on the Northern edge of Dallas, almost in Plano. It is 18 miles from my house.

Do you know what restaurant in Frisco? We have over 400 of them. I couldn't find it with a quick YouTube search.

CD

I looked his catering company up, and it is on the Northern edge of Dallas, almost in Plano. It is 18 miles from my house.

Do you know what restaurant in Frisco? We have over 400 of them. I couldn't find it with a quick YouTube search.

CD
Here’s the video:

View: https://youtu.be/shLER9NdIWU

I zipped to the end and did a little googling, and it appears that’s not a restaurant, but a property on the market (at that time), as the Debbie Murray he thanks is a realtor at Allie Beth Realty, whom he also thanks.

Back
Top Bottom