Recipe Seafood Quiche with Boursin and Roasted Garlic

JAS_OH1

Forum GOD!
Local time
5:51 AM
quiche-4-jpg.jpg

This delectable quiche contains walleye fish chunks, cooked crabmeat, seared chopped sea scallop and shrimp, Boursin cheese and roasted garlic with sautéed vegetables in a Tarragon infused pastry crust. These ingredients worked incredibly well together. I found a beautiful, red hot Hungarian pepper in my garden to use in addition to the roasted garlic, mushrooms, asparagus, and both red and green onion for the other vegetables.

I made a savory Tarragon pie shell from scratch for this quiche:
Recipe - Savory Tarragon Infused Pie Crust

Quiche ingredients:
1 pie shell
3 eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream
.5 tsp of sea salt
Approximately 1 pound of cooked seafood (I used walleye fish chunks, crabmeat, scallop, and shrimp)
2 tbsp diced hot peppers
2 mushrooms, chopped
1 tbsp chopped red onion
1 small bulb of roasted garlic
3-4 slivered asparagus stalks/tips
1 tbsp fresh parsley
1 tbsp fresh spring onion
4 ounces of Boursin (or goat cheese and herbs)

Instructions:
Whisk eggs. cream, and salt in a bowl. Place cooked seafood into the quiche pastry shell/pan, along with the diced vegetables and roasted garlic paste. Reserve some parsley and green onion for garnish. Pour egg mixture over the top and cover with foil. Bake at 350F for approximately 30 minutes.

Pull out of oven and add dollops of Boursin, return to oven for an additional five minutes.

Serve and enjoy!

Last edited:
First thing, your quiche looks very delicate and adventurous. I can imagine what joy it creates, to eat such a fantastic combination of flavors and textures. Good luck with the contest, your quiche is one of my favorite recipes.

When you have cheese shop in your area you should ask for some bleu d'avergne, best cheese I've ever eaten in my life, so far.

When you have cheese shop in your area you should ask for some bleu d'avergne, best cheese I've ever eaten in my life, so far.
My husband would probably adore it, he loves Bleu cheese. I am not fond of Roquefort, gorgonzola, or any cheese with blue on it, lol.

It's very mild and from the texture more like swiss cheese, at least the one I tried. Roquefort is totally different and not comparable to bleu d'avergne, even if they look pretty similar.

It's very mild and from the texture more like swiss cheese, at least the one I tried. Roquefort is totally different and not comparable to bleu d'avergne, even if they look pretty similar.
Good to know. My parents loved Bleu cheeses and I tried some when younger and it was very strong. I'd try it if I knew it was mild.

Excuse me, I did google around and just fooled you by mistake. It was not bleu d'avergne, it was another one but I can't remember the name. I'll Google some more.

It's ok. No Bleu in the name but maybe a French cheese?

I do like gouda, especially smoked gouda.

Back
Top Bottom