Recipe Simplified potato dauphinois

Windigo

Kitchen witch
Local time
3:29 PM
Website
www.instagram.com
I had already posted my classic Dauphinois potato recipe here in the past,but MypinchofItaly requested I share the simpler version I made this week.
I found out my cream had gone bad, so I made this one with milk. It tasted just as rich, through the addition of some cheese and butter!

Ingredients:
750 g parboiled potato slices
500 ml milk of your choice
50 grams salted butter, diced in 4 pieces
75 grams pecorino romano
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped or grated
Fresh thyme
Black pepper & salt
Olive oil

1) Grease your baking dish with olive oil. Preheat oven to 200c upper and lower heat
2) Make one layer of potato slices on the bottom, sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic, thyme and half the of cheese
3) Repeat (not using the cheese ) until dish is full. Then pour over milk, sprinkle on leftover cheese. Devide butter onto dish.
4) Bake for 30 to 45 mins depending on your oven. It should be golden brown and no longer be liquid. Enjoy!

Last edited:
I had already posted my classic Dauphinois potato recipe here in the past,but MypinchofItaly requested I share the simpler version I made this week.
I found out my cream had gone bad, so I made this one with milk. It tasted just as rich, through the addition of some cheese and butter!
View attachment 73505
Ingredients:
75 grams pecorino romano
Fresh thyme
Black pepper & salt
Olive oil

1) Grease your baking dish with olive oil. Preheat oven to 200c upper and lower heat
2) Make one layer of potato slices on the bottom, sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic, thyme and half the of cheese
3) Repeat (not using the cheese ) until dish is full. Then pour over milk, sprinkle on leftover cheese. Devide butter onto dish.
4) Bake for 30 to 45 mins depending on your oven. It should be golden brown and no longer be liquid. Enjoy!

Great! Thank you, sweetie ☺️

View attachment 73505
Ingredients:
75 grams pecorino romano
Fresh thyme
Black pepper & salt
Olive oil

I’d love to share this in my IG stories. Did you already post it?

You're welcome to share the recipe if you can format it. My IG is just a photo only account, I don't usually post recipes. I had posted it last week in a multi photo post :okay:

I think I’ll be able to share only the photo in the stories with mention to you, whilst for the recipe I’m thinking to add it as post on my fb profile… I’ll see ☺️😉

:scratchhead:Sweetie, I can't find this photo on your IG, I wanted to post it in the stories...I only found a dish with Dauphinois, broccoli and filet mignon on 20 March.

You and Windigo would fit right in with women in the Southern US. Terms like "sweetie" and "darling" are very common with women who have deep Southern roots and customs.

CD

You and Windigo would fit right in with women in the Southern US. Terms like "sweetie" and "darling" are very common with women who have deep Southern roots and customs.

CD
I got that impression for sure watching US cooking shows!

Mainly because of their passion for butter, though. Lol :laugh:

I got that impression for sure watching US cooking shows!

Mainly because of their passion for butter, though. Lol :laugh:

Celebrity chef Paula Dean is a great example of "deep Southern roots," both in speaking and copious use of butter. :laugh:

CD

Celebrity chef Paula Dean is a great example of "deep Southern roots," both in speaking and copious use of butter. :laugh:

CD
Yeah she's who I was referring to. Though I've got Ree Drummond's books here instead, who's not southern but rather mid country.
But I get what you mean.

Terms of endearment for friends are quite normal where I live

Back
Top Bottom