Recipe Simplified potato dauphinois

I had already posted my classic Dauphinois potato recipe here in the past,but MypinchofItaly requested I share the simpler version I made this week.
I found out my cream had gone bad, so I made this one with milk. It tasted just as rich, through the addition of some cheese and butter!
View attachment 73505
Ingredients:
750 g parboiled potato slices
500 ml milk of your choice
50 grams salted butter, diced in 4 pieces
75 grams pecorino romano
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped or grated
Fresh thyme
Black pepper & salt
Olive oil

1) Grease your baking dish with olive oil. Preheat oven to 200c upper and lower heat
2) Make one layer of potato slices on the bottom, sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic, thyme and half the of cheese
3) Repeat (not using the cheese ) until dish is full. Then pour over milk, sprinkle on leftover cheese. Devide butter onto dish.
4) Bake for 30 to 45 mins depending on your oven. It should be golden brown and no longer be liquid. Enjoy!
Windigo,
Last night we had friends over for dinner and I served your easy Dauphinois recipe along with steak and pasta with white clam sauce. The Dauphinois was the star of the meal so much so that I woke up to texts this morning asking for “the potato recipe” .. everyone loved it. Thanks for posting 🌞🥰

Windigo,
Last night we had friends over for dinner and I served your easy Dauphinois recipe along with steak and pasta with white clam sauce. The Dauphinois was the star of the meal so much so that I woke up to texts this morning asking for “the potato recipe” .. everyone loved it. Thanks for posting 🌞🥰
Awww that's so sweet of you to say! 🥰

That's a wonderful compliment. Thanks for making my day! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom