Recipe Spanish potatoes with bacon and capers

TodayInTheKitchen

Blitzinator
Local time
2:22 PM
Website
todayinthekitchen.com
Spanish potatoes with bacon and capers

This is quite possibly the best potato dish I have ever made. Apparently, CookingBites brings out the best in me. Inspired by BloggerJoe's Spanish Potatoes with Capers recipe

:chef: Ingredients
  • 2 lbs of roasted potatoes ( see recipe here )
  • 2 cloves garlic (minced)
  • 1 medium onion (minced)
  • 2-3 sweet peppers (chopped)
  • 1 can petite diced tomatoes (fire roasted preferred)
  • 15 Spanish olives (sliced)
  • 12 oz streaky bacon
  • 2 tbsp chili powder
  • 1 tbsp paprika (Spanish preferred)
  • 2 tbsp capers
:chef: Method
  1. Fry bacon in large skillet. Put bacon on towel to absorb excess fat. Drain bacon drippings from skillet. Leave just a little bit.
  2. Put onions, garlic, and peppers in skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
  3. Add tomatoes, spices, olives, and cooked bacon. Mix together. Let cook for a few minutes.
  4. Add roasted potatoes and 2 cups water. Mix together. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
  5. Add 1/2 cup water and capers. Simmer for 10 minutes.
  6. Garnish with additional capers if desired.
:pics:Photo Instructions

Last edited:
Spanish potatoes with bacon and capers

This is quite possibly the best potato dish I have ever made. Apparently, CookingBites brings out the best in me. Inspired by BloggerJoe's Spanish Potatoes with Capers recipe

:chef: Ingredients
  • 2 lbs of roasted potatoes ( see recipe here )
  • 2 cloves garlic (minced)
  • 1 medium onion (minced)
  • 2-3 sweet peppers (chopped)
  • 1 can petite diced tomatoes (fire roasted preferred)
  • 15 Spanish olives (sliced)
  • 12 oz streaky bacon
  • 2 tbsp chili powder
  • 1 tbsp paprika (Spanish preferred)
  • 2 tbsp capers
:chef: Method
  1. Fry bacon in large skillet. Put bacon on towel to absorb excess fat. Drain bacon drippings from skillet. Leave just a little bit.
  2. Put onions, garlic, and peppers in skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
  3. Add tomatoes, spices, olives, and cooked bacon. Mix together. Let cook for a few minutes.
  4. Add roasted potatoes and 2 cups water. Mix together. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
  5. Add 1/2 cup water and capers. Simmer for 10 minutes.
  6. Garnish with additional capers if desired.
:pics:Photo Instructions

Delicious, I also liked the photo gallery instructions! Ola!

Easy = good! I have a 10 pound bag of potatoes, and I've only used part of it (some for a corn chowder that I've already posted). It would be a shame to let it all go to waste, so I think I'll be trying this. It looks like something that can serve as a main course, a side, or a breakfast. :bravo:

Easy = good! I have a 10 pound bag of potatoes, and I've only used part of it (some for a corn chowder that I've already posted). It would be a shame to let it all go to waste, so I think I'll be trying this. It looks like something that can serve as a main course, a side, or a breakfast. :bravo:
Thanks for the vote. When I started making this recipe I wasn't sure what the results may be. After finishing and tasting the recipe I was overwhelmed. Also, it works well for lunch at work. Heats up well in the microwave and the smells are fabulous. Of all the different flavors packed into this recipe, I particularly enjoy the olives.

Back
Top Bottom