The CookingBites recipe challenge: cabbage/kale/Brussels sprouts

I added the tag. Only mods can add tags that haven't been used before - if you find you can't add a tag, simply hit the Report button (bottom left of your post) and mention it and we will add it, if appropriate.

And yes, we get kohlrabi in the UK.
And, this is why I'm a moderator-in-training. :laugh:

Made another Brussels sprout recipe yesterday - but I have two other ideas that may play out to be better than that one - we shall see. Assuming I get around to them, of course. I've had problems doing just that in the past! One is a vegan salad, and the other involves steamed wontons to make an appetizer.
Hmmm, just ran into another cabbage dish I really REALLY want to make. So... who knows what will turnip?

Recipe Slow cooked red cabbage

Last edited:
I’ve gone overboard with the cabbage and have bought too much. I have a whole head of red and a whole head of green to deal with, and I’m about at my limit.

Maybe a red-and-green cabbage medley of some sort?

I’ve gone overboard with the cabbage and have bought too much. I have a whole head of red and a whole head of green to deal with, and I’m about at my limit.

I'm the same. In fact I have more cabbage than you do, I think! The thing is, cabbage really does keep for ages - weeks in fact in the fridge, in my experience. So if you don't use it for the challenge it can be used later.

When life gives you too many lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you too much cabbage...make kraut or kimchee?

I used up some things lurking in the fridge making last nights dinner including some cabbage.

This rice stuffing was supposed include kale but I didn’t have any so I used the 8th of green cabbage, panfried with onion, ham & red pepper to which I mixed leftover plain white rice, half a jar of pesto & one egg.

Filled the seedy end of troboncino with it, though it’s a stuffing meant for butternut squash and a couple of saffron milk caps as I was interested to see if they work roasted.

I have one idea for this challenge. It is probably not a contender, but it will be something I will want to eat. Hopefully, I will have time next week to make it.

CD
Lovely! Bring it in! I hope your Dad is better, I have not been following the posts in the last couple of days...

Soooo, this is really exciting now, pitty I don't have time now in between errands to read all the details, but I will soon...

we have now 21 recipes! Yaaaay!

Oh and plus 2 or more in the writing...

The versatility is fascinating! I am sure I will be cooking a lot more with cabbage after the challenge is done. Such brilliant ideas!

Back
Top Bottom