The CookingBites recipe challenge: cabbage/kale/Brussels sprouts

I have one idea for this challenge. It is probably not a contender, but it will be something I will want to eat
Just thought of another anecdote. I used to do the garden for a little old lady (from London) who had a fair turn of phrase. Whenever we were going to do something new, or experimental, she had two phrases:
"Run it up the flagpole, ducky, see if it floats in the breeze!"
And
"Push it down the hill and see if the wheels fall off!"

Just thought of another anecdote. I used to do the garden for a little old lady (from London) who had a fair turn of phrase. Whenever we were going to do something new, or experimental, she had two phrases:
"Run it up the flagpole, ducky, see if it floats in the breeze!"
And
"Push it down the hill and see if the wheels fall off!"

Our saying in the US is, "Run it up the flagpole, and see if anyone salutes." :laugh:

CD

Roasted Kohlrabi and Brussels Sprouts with Valais Cheese

Interestingly, kohlrabi is not a tag I can use for a recipe. Does that veggie not exist elsewhere in the world?

kohlrabi-served.jpg

Interestingly, kohlrabi is not a tag I can use for a recipe. Does that veggie not exist elsewhere in the world?

Kohlrabi is available in a lot of the world, from what I can tell. But, just because the tag didn't exist before doesn't mean you can't add it. In fact, you can add whatever you want as a tag, subject to what the moderators decide is appropriate. I have seen misspellings in tags, which do eventually get corrected.

Made another Brussels sprout recipe yesterday - but I have two other ideas that may play out to be better than that one - we shall see. Assuming I get around to them, of course. I've had problems doing just that in the past! One is a vegan salad, and the other involves steamed wontons to make an appetizer.

Kohlrabi is available in a lot of the world, from what I can tell. But, just because the tag didn't exist before doesn't mean you can't add it. In fact, you can add whatever you want as a tag, subject to what the moderators decide is appropriate. I have seen misspellings in tags, which do eventually get corrected.
good to know. Didn't see where I could do that when I posted that recipe, but I will look more intensely the next time this happens. But, yay, Kohlrabi is added!

good to know. Didn't see where I could do that when I posted that recipe, but I will look more intensely the next time this happens. But, yay, Kohlrabi is added!

I added the tag. Only mods can add tags that haven't been used before - if you find you can't add a tag, simply hit the Report button (bottom left of your post) and mention it and we will add it, if appropriate.

And yes, we get kohlrabi in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom