The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Corn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I know I said I was only going to enter one recipe. But then I was thinking, "Oh, wouldn't this be a great idea?" It's another two-part recipe. So here goes.

Part 1:
Recipe - Lemon Butter Corn Crema

Part 2:
Recipe - Golden Masa Seafood Crepes with PEI Mussels and Lemon Butter Corn Crema

Last edited:
Recipe - Lemon-Buttermilk Corn Muffins

Ok, on the surface, these just seem to be corn muffins with a bit of lemon added. They are that, but, wow, what a difference a bit of lemon makes!

These are just scrumptious - as good as a cupcake with frosting, IMO. What's really nice is that they perfectly ride the fence between sweet and savory. Regardless of the citrus, these would be right at home next to a bowl of chili or bean-and-ham soup; because of the citrus, these would be welcome with a big ol' spoonful of jam and some butter.

Yummy, just serve them warm with some fresh honey and butter for me, thank you. I'll be right over.
Truly, these surprised me. When I was going through my cookbooks at the start of this, I saw it and thought..."I have everything on hand, and it's easy," but I just saw it as a slightly less boring cornbread.

Was I wrong. It might sound like I'm overselling it, but that little bit of lemon is the pig's tail. This is my go-to cornbread recipe from now on. That little bit of citrus brightens it up just enough, without turning it into lemon cake, really nice.

A lemon corn cake would be okay in my book. Really. You would't even have to frost it. But you could, and I would be okay with that, too!

A lemon corn cake would be okay in my book. Really. You would't even have to frost it. But you could, and I would be okay with that, too!

I know it's off topic, but if you like lemon cake, you should try lemon jello cake. It's a white cake mix that is mixed with a box of lemon jello, then glazed with a mix of 10x sugar and lemon juice. It's a light fluffy tender cake that is perfect for summer. My mother made this cake as long as I can remember, so recipe is at least 55 years old.

I do I do, yes I do! I love lemonade and lemon cake and lemon butter and lemon ice...the problem is with a cake is I need a cake that makes only 2 servings, otherwise I will be throwing 3/4 or more of a cake in the trash. Hubby doesn't have a sweet tooth and I like sweets only occasionally. If I ever have the opportunity to cook for other people than hubby and myself, I would try it, thank you for the tip!

I do I do, yes I do! I love lemonade and lemon cake and lemon butter and lemon ice...the problem is with a cake is I need a cake that makes only 2 servings, otherwise I will be throwing 3/4 or more of a cake in the trash. Hubby doesn't have a sweet tooth and I like sweets only occasionally. If I ever have the opportunity to cook for other people than hubby and myself, I would try it, thank you for the tip!

I'm in the same boat as far as hubby. Unfortunately, I would find myself trying to eat it all before it went stale. I really like this cake.

I used to make refrigerator cakes. I would blend flavors, like raspberry lime or lemon strawberry. They are nice in the summer because they are refrigerated. I always poked holes in the cake and poured jello in them, and then after they were cold I would serve with whipped cream and fresh fruit. It's a nice way to use a mix.

I might have to try those lemon corn muffins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom