The CookingBites recipe challenge: Yoghurt

My first entry is, appropriately, a cocktail:

Recipe - Slippery When Wet Cocktail

I'm always suspicious of cocktails with names that have nothing to do with what the drink actually contains; I would have probably called this a Strawberry-Gin Creamsicle or something like, but hey, Slippery When Wet sounds...fun...too, right?

Anyhoo...it's easy, it's pretty, and it tastes good, so what's not to love? Yeah, I know, we do have some folks here who don't like gin, so I acknowledge you with a little nod in your direction, and while I won't go as far as saying you can't really taste the gin in this, I will say that the yogurt and strawberry really tamp down that strong evergreen taste that gin has.

All in all, a very good Sunday drink, especially if you're sitting in Ohio waiting for some Spring weather to show up.

I'm always suspicious of cocktails with names that have nothing to do with what the drink actually contains; I would have probably called this a Strawberry-Gin Creamsicle or something like, but hey, Slippery When Wet sounds...fun...too, right?

Anyhoo...it's easy, it's pretty, and it tastes good, so what's not to love? Yeah, I know, we do have some folks here who don't like gin, so I acknowledge you with a little nod in your direction, and while I won't go as far as saying you can't really taste the gin in this, I will say that the yogurt and strawberry really tamp down that strong evergreen taste that gin has.

All in all, a very good Sunday drink, especially if you're sitting in Ohio waiting for some Spring weather to show up.

View attachment 83112

I would agree with on that one.

View attachment 83112

I'm trying to decide if this is gin flavoured with a strawberry smoothie or a strawberry smoothie flavoured with gin?

I wonder how this would work with vodka, for those of us who don't like gin. :scratchhead:

CD

I wonder how this would work with vodka, for those of us who don't like gin. :scratchhead:

CD
I think it would be a-ok. Matter of fact, MrsT (who knows her booze) thought this was made with vodka when she first tried it.

Here´s my second entry. This recipe was given to me by Mrs Sukla when her husband invited me to breakfast one day . Punjabi Chole, bhatura, kachumbar salad and fresh mango juice.
The bread is incredible. It may deep-fried, but it doesn´t taste oily. It´s also lots of fun to make.
If you make this bread with just flour, salt and water, you´ve got a poori!
Bhatura (Deep-fried Yoghurt bread)

Recipe - Turkish yoghurt & lemon cake

Here is a recipe with yoghurt I posted recently. Not a challenge entry because it was posted earlier.

It's a great spring cake!
Oh, I just saw this after posting my entry. Very similar but I promise I didn't copy, but probably should have read through the thread before submitting any entries.

This sweet is delicious, rich, creamy, and not overly sweet thanks to the yoghurt and lemon.It was given to me (and others) by Sunflower, a talented cook from Hong Kong, I believe.
I used homemade strawberry jam for this, but I made it a few months later and used a mixture of pineapple and ginger. I think it´d work with any acidic fruit combination you prefer.
Sunflower´s Cheesecake

View attachment 83112

I imagine it could be subbed with vodka. I am allergic to juniper. I didn't have an allergic reaction the one time I tasted (just a small sip) of gin, but I absolutely hated the taste. YMMV.

I imagine it could be subbed with vodka. I am allergic to juniper. I didn't have an allergic reaction the one time I tasted (just a small sip) of gin, but I absolutely hated the taste. YMMV.
Yes, vodka would work very well.

Back
Top Bottom