What did you cook/eat today (October 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had this to start the day:
Cereals, pomegranate and dark choco drops in soy milk

Just had this to start the day:
Cereals, pomegranate and dark choco drops in soy milk
View attachment 32837
when you add the image to the media gallery, you can use the Gallery Embed option above. It saves on server space, allows for larger uploads and will also mean you only have the one copy of the image on the server, plus all your images are stored in one place (or presented to you in one place). It's the camera icon, to the right of the link icon.

And as you know, gallery images can be commented on and rated.

We had tacos. No picture, but they were ok. Half ground beef and half ground turkey.

Apple butter, please splain?
apples cooked down and down and down in the oven usually until the brown... there's a few steps but very few. Sometimes there are additional ingredients, but it is a great way of using up many kilos of apples and preserving them.
basically an apple puree in the oven (can have vinegar and/or spices in it, and tons of sugar in some recipes but I prefer nothing added) and then reduce the puree until brown and caramelised, then jar up and you're done. Very nice indeed. I've one recipe written up on here somewhere with loads of additional ingredients which was the first time I made it and then I removed everything except the apples. I don't even bother peeling them now, because I just blend the mixture part way through - just core them, but some recipes say don't do that either because of the pectin, but you have to put the mixture through a sieve to remove the pips. I don't bother with that stage anymore. Anytime I see apples at AU$1.99 i'll by 5kg of them and make some apple butter up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom