What did you cook or eat today (January 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent looking menu. I'd probably go with the smoked beef rib. However, smoked fried chicken has me intrigued. :scratchhead:

With the beef ribs, they can keep the side of broccoli salad. Smoked beans and taters look better to me.

CD
Brisket was amazing. Pork belly a bit tough, but it's hard to get it right. Chicken was beautiful as well.. first tone for waffle fries, me like. Wife said best steak shes had in a while. Isla couldn't eat her chicken burger, so full from buttermilk chicken. I reckon I do that better.
Full to bursting. :)

Russ

Corny cardboard thingy.

It's early morning and time for breakfast, - an omelette with a hash brown patty.

Note that I used my new flip and fold omelette turner for the first time for this.

I had an omelet recently, and I eat eggs most mornings. I made a French omelet and not the American type.

Slaved at the stove half the morning to make nasi goreng with all the trimmings but my 5 spice mix had turned bitter which ruined the dish. Sigh. So I am sharing a pic of this walnut baklava I ate instead

My husband is a dear for eating his nasi anyway and proclaiming it was still good, true love I tell you 🥰

I had an omelet recently, and I eat eggs most mornings. I made a French omelet and not the American type.

There are four types of omelettes, - American, French, fritatta and soufle'.

American omelettes include Denver or Western omelettes, Spanish omelettes, ham and cheese omelettes and vegetable omelettes. Those are the types you can order in restaurants. But as far as American omelettes go, they can contain anything. I prefer the Denver or Western omelette when ordering breakfast in restaurants, because they contain just about all vegetables with ham and cheese.

There are four types of omelettes, - American, French, fritatta and soufle'.

American omelettes include Denver or Western omelettes, Spanish omelettes, ham and cheese omelettes and vegetable omelettes. Those are the types you can order in restaurants. But as far as American omelettes go, they can contain anything. I prefer the Denver or Western omelette when ordering breakfast in restaurants, because they contain just about all vegetables with ham and cheese.
Most countries have their own omelet type dish. You could say a frittata is an omelet, but I wouldn't and a quiche is basically a French custard tart baked with a crust, so personally I wouldn't consider a quiche an omelet. Of course you can refer to it as an omelet, that's ok with me. Cheers.

Yesterday, krainer sausage, the lovely beet&celery soup, that I will now enter into the root veg challenge...and barley onion plus lentil stew leftovers, mixed salad.

Today's supper, omelette, just plain, no salt, nothing, just whisked eggs, mixed salad around it, again the barley and lentils, both I really love a lot, and can never get bored with those...plus pickled beet. The most common use of beet here in Croatia. This one is store bought, loving it.

Most countries have their own omelet type dish. You could say a frittata is an omelet, but I wouldn't and a quiche is basically a French custard tart baked with a crust, so personally I wouldn't consider a quiche an omelet. Of course you can refer to it as an omelet, that's ok with me. Cheers.
I think flyinglentris meant a basic ham & cheese filled French omelette with his mention of a French omelette - not a quiche - but I may be wrong. Frittatas have their fillings/condiments mixed and pan-fried alongside the egg batter - and that's about the only thing that separates them from filled omelettes. An omelette may also be a plain whisked, fried egg like in Timenspace's previous post. Tortilla Española with potatoes and optional onions is quite close to a thin and dry(ish) frittata - just a bit denser and more tender. A fried egg isn't whisked in advance and scrambled eggs are mixed for a longer period of time on the pan than an omelette. Maybe. But hey, they're all made of eggs. I hope that's fine with everybody.
egg.gif

I think flyinglentris meant a basic ham & cheese filled French omelette with his mention of a French omelette - not a quiche - but I may be wrong. Frittatas have their fillings/condiments mixed and pan-fried alongside the egg batter - and that's about the only thing that separates them from filled omelettes. An omelette may also be a plain whisked, fried egg like in Timenspace's previous post. Tortilla Española with potatoes and optional onions is quite close to a thin and dry(ish) frittata - just a bit denser and more tender. A fried egg isn't whisked in advance and scrambled eggs are mixed for a longer period of time on the pan than an omelette. Maybe. But hey, they're all made of eggs. I hope that's fine with everybody.
View attachment 79226
Casually who cares right, I can live with that. Professionally, nope, they all have their proper names given the country and have unique qualities and cooking techniques which in general should be a respected. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom