What did you cook or eat today (January 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Korean meatloaf, Gochujang, tamari, sesame oil among other things, finished with a peach preserve based Asian glaze. Spinach with garlic and sesame oil. Mashies. I was going to put some wasabi in the mashies but decided not to. Good thing because the meatloaf is a bit spicy.

Korean meatloaf, Gochujang, tamari, sesame oil among other things, finished with a peach preserve based Asian glaze. Spinach with garlic and sesame oil. Mashies. I was going to put some wasabi in the mashies but decided not to. Good thing because the meatloaf is a bit spicy.
View attachment 79149
Do you have a recipe or a link to where you found this? We are on a bit of a Korean kick at the moment.

I’m back in Sydney for work this week and my friend who I stay with is on holidays but because of C-19 her booking down the coast was cancelled before Xmas so she has plenty of time to cook (she’s normally getting in the door later than me do I cook most weeknights.

Monday was a spicy chicken thigh with Persian flavours, pickles, cucumber dill yogurt & salad.

Tuesday was a picnic dinner of a herby coleslaw & leg ham at the beach

Tonight was Thai beef salad - I cooked beef on high on the gas grill then rested to perfection while she made the salad

Mexican ingredients are almost impossible to find here because most Dutch people don't try much that they don't know when it comes to food.
Hey, it's that way all over the world.

Not so true in the UK - which is why I feel lucky to live here. We are very eclectic. There are only a few things I can't get (mostly fresh ingredients which are particular to a region of America or other non European countries), such as tomatillos.

I spent 3 hours prepping ,cooking, delivering food for my loved ones.

Now I ate lunch as well.

No nice pictures, just informative ones. But good food.

I still have to finish up the soup,after I rest for a while.

Barley-onion stew. Meatballs in tom sauce with bay leave. Plain white rice.

Dessert,kid, or rather junior lady,she is not a kid really any longer, will have store bought cookies, Mom will have donuts and peach kompott, I will have dates and an apple.

I have to get used to cooking for four now, instead for two. I need to optimize the daily schedule to fit it all in. Should be fine for now. It is around the edge of what is doable, bit it is doable.

A beautiful sunny day,cold but gorgeous.

Oh no pics, it will not attach. Oh well. Ok.

I still have a whole tin of mini beet-carrot cupcakes in the fridge for Thu and Fri. They are a great snack. Nutritious and compact and tasty.
And I ate the spilled ones too, they were inside the backpack,and in their paper forms so I had no problem eating them.

I had one, and it was a winner, just before visiting Mom last night,walking, it was freezing cold, my hands were full, her diapers in one, my purse and lunch bag in the other, I was out for work for 10 hours, so I managed to stack all in one hand ...in front of their building...not stopping...and it 'brought ' me over until I can have supper at home,some 30 min later.

🍀👍😊Am grateful I can juggle it all.

TastyReuben inquired whether I would make an omelette for breakfast today, so I would use my new flip and fold omelette turner. No.

I did a repeat of a sausage, egg and cheese breakfast muffin with a hash brown patty.

Here's my new omelette turner ...

I will use it soon, perhaps, tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom