What did you cook or eat today (January 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made Enchilada's for the first time since my surgery. Due to corn kernels landing me in the hospital last time I had them for a bowel obstruction, I didn't think I could eat them. But then I saw a fellow colon-less person blend the filling in a mixer and I wondered why I never thought about that before. Because I can eat doritos and corn bread.
So now I made vegetarian Enchiladas filled with a puree of kidney beans, corn, fried onions, chipotle chillies and Mexican spices. I topped them with cheese and served them with guacamole and sour cream. It was lovely!

Hubby reads at more than twice my speed, but i have the upper hand at memory. I only have to write it down once, to know it off by heart, to the point that I can describe the page, paragraph and line of where something is in a book. I can't give the page number, line number and word number mind you but I guess that's because I've never bothered to try. So his speed doesn't always help :whistling:
Well, I think I just outdid myself.

You know how I occasionally complain about making a half recipe, then getting distracted and partway through, going back to whole amounts, or how I'm making a recipe, get distracted, and miss an ingredient or a step?

Today, I had a cookbook open to a recipe I'm making tonight for the current challenge, just making sure I had the ingredients.

I decided to make a salad dressing for tonight as well, and that recipe is on my phone.

I pulled the dressing recipe up on my phone, sat the phone down on the opened cookbook (can you see where this is going yet?), gathered the first ingredient, then the second, then the third, and so on.

I didn't realize until I started assembling it all that the first half of the ingredients came from the dressing recipe on my phone, but the second half came from the carrot recipe in the cookbook!

🤦‍♂️

Well, I think I just outdid myself.

You know how I occasionally complain about making a half recipe, then getting distracted and partway through, going back to whole amounts, or how I'm making a recipe, get distracted, and miss an ingredient or a step?

Today, I had a cookbook open to a recipe I'm making tonight for the current challenge, just making sure I had the ingredients.

I decided to make a salad dressing for tonight as well, and that recipe is on my phone.

I pulled the dressing recipe up on my phone, sat the phone down on the opened cookbook (can you see where this is going yet?), gathered the first ingredient, then the second, then the third, and so on.

I didn't realize until I started assembling it all that the first half of the ingredients came from the dressing recipe on my phone, but the second half came from the carrot recipe in the cookbook!

🤦‍♂️
Photo or it didn't happen :whistling:

How did it taste?

Can report that the Enchilada's went down with no problem at all!

Yay! This opens a whole new array of options for me 👍

Are Pinto beans readily available there? They would be a more authentic bean for Mexican food.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom