What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A pint of milk.

Now, you may think, why would that be worth posting about. But this pint of milk in a proper glass bottle is from a Kent dairy farm who have started delivering milk early in the morning, just like the old days. Probably its not the same in other countries but in the UK 'the milkman' (it always seemed to be a man) was a daily occurrence. You would often be woken up by the sound of rattling bottles on the milk float. Anyway, I signed up for this new delivery and there it was - a pint of milk left on the doorstep first thing. You leave the empty bottles on the doorstep for the milk person to collect next time they deliver. Brilliant!

I grew up with this same delivery. I used to get up quicker than my bros and put the top part (cream) as it wasn't all taken out of the milk in those days. I loved it. Bread delivered in a bread box that sat at our front door. Outside. Kids these days huh.?

Russ

Yep, and curbside is free for orders over $35. I've been doing it since the start of the pandemic. I have my order placed for Thursday. I like it because I can get Pyrex containers or a stainless steel spatula from the kitchen department (or something else non-food related) at a good price for pickup all at the same time as my groceries. I have my regular grocery store in rotation because their shoppers do a better job with meat and produce, but there are some things I really am fine with getting at Walmart, such as yeast, bread flour, spices, condiments, etc. And some produce there is fine, really, celery, fresh herbs, lettuce, carrots, potatoes. Those are going to be about the same no matter where you shop.
Exactly JAS_OH1 I buy certain things at certain stores. Basic household items I buy at Walmart, fresh produce at Sprouts Farmer's Market, paper products, meats and frozen fish is Costco with a few other things like their Maple Syrup & Olive Oil and then the misc. stuff from Krogers or Safeway, not much though. Oh and wine and goodies (snacky stuff) from Trader Joe's. I have my lists for each store.
Our Krogers no longer offers free curbside, but that's okay, I don't mind going in for just a few things. What was starting to get to me was walking the entire length of those SuperCenter Walmarts, I swear they deliberately lay out the store to make you go through the whole place, twice... `cuz you know it doesn't matter were you park!
So now, I've made an agreement with myself that at least twice a month I'll use the curbside pick up at Walmart to save me a good hour and use that doing something else that I need to get done. It worked out super today, I used that time to fill the gas tank at Costco Gasoline (saved 20¢ per gallon thank you very much) and then popped in to the warehouse for a coupla things there.
Win, win!

I'm with you, but at least Walmart has high ceilings and good ventilation! If i end up going inside anywhere soon, I'll be double masked.

Stay safe!

Exactly JAS_OH1 I buy certain things at certain stores. Basic household items I buy at Walmart, fresh produce at Sprouts Farmer's Market, paper products, meats and frozen fish is Costco with a few other things like their Maple Syrup & Olive Oil and then the misc. stuff from Krogers or Safeway, not much though. Oh and wine and goodies (snacky stuff) from Trader Joe's. I have my lists for each store.
Our Krogers no longer offers free curbside, but that's okay, I don't mind going in for just a few things. What was starting to get to me was walking the entire length of those SuperCenter Walmarts, I swear they deliberately lay out the store to make you go through the whole place, twice... `cuz you know it doesn't matter were you park!
So now, I've made an agreement with myself that at least twice a month I'll use the curbside pick up at Walmart to save me a good hour and use that doing something else that I need to get done. It worked out super today, I used that time to fill the gas tank at Costco Gasoline (saved 20¢ per gallon thank you very much) and then popped in to the warehouse for a coupla things there.
Win, win!
Yeah I wish we ha Sprouts here. When we went to Phoenix to visit cousins I shopped there, great store! I also liked shopping at Frys (Krogers).

I got the following items while at market this morning.

Sparkling apple cider? Do you plan to drink it as is, or include it in meals?

My wife bought this pepperoni on Monday. I don't know how much pepperoni is in your countries but this pack was ฿1,345.00/kg, about £30.00/kg which I thought was very expensive. There is 200gms here.

TGM = "Thai German Meat" products.​

Having never heard of Yacon before, I have just googled it.
It sounds absolutely amazing with impressive benefits.
I may try and get some for a try.
Perhaps get the syrup for sweetening.

My wife bought this pepperoni on Monday. I don't know how much pepperoni is in your countries but this pack was ฿1,345.00/kg, about £30.00/kg which I thought was very expensive. There is 200gms here.

View attachment 78841

TGM = "Thai German Meat" products.​
That is really expensive.

A kilo of the stuff costs 8 euro's here. Maybe 10 now, last time I checked was December 2020.

Having never heard of Yacon before, I have just googled it.
It sounds absolutely amazing with impressive benefits.
I may try and get some for a try.
Perhaps get the syrup for sweetening.

My wife washed and peeled one. Raw it has consistency of a crisp apple but tastes of nothing.

Or maybe I'm coming down with Covid-19?

That is really expensive.

A kilo of the stuff costs 8 euro's here. Maybe 10 now, last time I checked was December 2020.

A pizza without pepperoni isn't a pizza for me. But 200 gms is good for at least 6 pizzas so overall it's not the end of the World.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom