What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife washed and peeled one. Raw it has consistency of a crisp apple but tastes of nothing.

Or maybe I'm coming down with Covid-19?

From what I can gather its an ingredient that is used in Thai stir fries. Its a bit like water chestnuts and is mainly used for texture. As Master Cutler comments it can also be made into a syrup. There is some info here:

How to cook/ use yacon - Maker gardener

Today:

1 egg (chickens don't like laying in winter especially since I am not giving them extra light. All the other things listed here came from the grocery.

Mung bean sprouts.
Bok choy,
Lemongrass.
Asparagus.
Button/White Mushrooms.
Asian Pear.
Cilantro.
Sour Cream.
Country Style Pork
Avocadoes.
New York Strip Steak.
Scallions aka Green Onions.
A bottle of Vodka. The only unhealthy item on the list.

Having never heard of Yacon before, I have just googled it.
It sounds absolutely amazing with impressive benefits.
I may try and get some for a try.
Perhaps get the syrup for sweetening.
I had Yakon in the past, and even cooked with it. But cannot for the life of me remember exactly what I did!

I did a fridge clean and organize session this evening. I found some OLD stuff in the back. Only a couple of science projects. I found few duplicates, including three tubs of cream cheese, two tubs of sour cream, and one bottle of BBQ sauce I thought I was out of, and bought a new bottle just a few days ago.:headshake:

Now I have more room to stock things that will actually get eaten.

CD

SCORE! Nolan Ryan (grass fed and finished) Certified Angus tomahawk ribeye for half price -- $6.88 per pound! Fred Flintstone would be drooling for this steak. Three pounds -- twenty bucks! :eek:

IMG_1731 copy.jpg

CD

Wife found red capsicum on poo pourri book site, so we travelled 20 mins but their stock was total of 3. Using her noggin she txt from the gate. The stall is an honesty box. Lady txt back 10 more ready for us tomorrow.
Yay, I can make my hot chilly sauce. About 5 litres I hope. The capsicum are the " carrier" for the base. Pics when I make in a few days.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom