What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These guys convinced me, back when I was rustlin' up grub on the cattle drive:

View: https://youtu.be/DmhgtBA16aA

You can now get Mateo's in your area at Walmart stores. The Hatch Chili salsa is my favorite.

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 9.48.50 PM.jpg

CD

I got out grocery shopping yesterday after my appointment at the VA to find out more about that cyst on the back of my thigh. It turned out to be a friction blister of some sort, not a cancer polyp.

This sparkling blush is something new from Martinelli's and I can't wait to try it out.

I'll give it a try, the next time I'm at Walmart.

It used to be just sold locally. The guy who started the company had his "corporate headquarters" in a house a few blocks from me. Their first salsa was his father's recipe. I first tried it because Kroger was promoting it in my local store, as a local product. I figured I'd support a local business. Tried it, and thought, "This stuff is pretty darn good." It is all I buy, now. The hatch chili salsa came out about a year ago (?), and it became my favorite.

CD

It's only been available about a year, so it may not have gotten to Cowboyville, yet. :laugh:

CD
Not that it helps kaneohegirlinaz, but I got this at Dorothy Lane Markets, the little three-store gourmet grocer in Dayton (well, Kettering, to be specific).

It's very good, I like it a lot. I like the texture and the flavor. Just a little smoky. I look forward to trying the other varieties.

TBH, MrsT eats more salsa than I do, and she's fine with the Pace I bought, but it's too watery and chunky for my taste, so when I have it, I drain it first and then blitz it with the stick blender for a second or two.

Not that it helps kaneohegirlinaz, but I got this at Dorothy Lane Markets, the little three-store gourmet grocer in Dayton (well, Kettering, to be specific).

It's very good, I like it a lot. I like the texture and the flavor. Just a little smoky. I look forward to trying the other varieties.

TBH, MrsT eats more salsa than I do, and she's fine with the Pace I bought, but it's too watery and chunky for my taste, so when I have it, I drain it first and then blitz it with the stick blender for a second or two.

The other flavors (different levels of heat) do not have that same "smokiness" of the Hatch chili version, but they are still quite good, and have the same texture.

BTW, I also find Pace to be too watery.

CD

I just received my first pumpernickel bread. Note that this is not a rye pumpernicckel. Its ingredients include millet flour, sourghum flour, brown teff flour, buckwheat flour, psyllium seed husk powder, sunflower seed oil, raisin juice, flax, caraway seeds, sea salt, carob powder and pumpkin seeds.

They only sell it by the four loaf case. I just noted that they call it pumpkinicckel bread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom