What did you cook or eat today (December 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My arm is quite seriously sore, so I had a Turkish Pizza for lunch.

Lahmacun - Wikipedia

I thought the French loved to dip their fries in it? So it's not just in the US...

That's Belgium rather than France I think as garlichead mentions. Its a long time since I've visited France. I used to go a lot and can't say I ever came across mayo being supplied to have with pommes frites.

That's Belgium rather than France I think as garlichead mentions. Its a long time since I've visited France. I used to go a lot and can't say I ever came across mayo being supplied to have with pommes frites.
Belgium and the Netherlands love their Fries with mayonaise much more than the French indeed. The French don't generally combine the two

I dated a guy from France in college and he did it so I just assumed. Maybe he had visited Belgium and took a liking to it, I dunno, I never asked.

Last edited:
I dated a guy from France in college and he did it so I just assumed. Maybe he had visited Belgium and tok a liking to it, I dunno, I never asked.
Whenever I make fries/chips/hunks of potatoes, I always ask, "What's the dip today?"

Around here, it could be ketchup, chili sauce, mayonnaise, sour cream, salad cream, mustard, or some kind of mix of two or more of those (along with honey, or garlic, or basil...).

I had leftover American-style biscuits and peppered sausage gravy. I heated up some gravy in a small skillet and poached two eggs in the gravy, and toasted two halves of a biscuit. I topped the biscuits with the gravy first then placed the eggs atop. Hubby said it was outstanding.

Contemplating cookies or yogurt and berries for breakfast, I know which one is better for me but...maybe I will have both!

Whenever I make fries/chips/hunks of potatoes, I always ask, "What's the dip today?"

Around here, it could be ketchup, chili sauce, mayonnaise, sour cream, salad cream, mustard, or some kind of mix of two or more of those (along with honey, or garlic, or basil...).
Same, mayonaise is certainly not the only sauce used here either. I also have garlic sauce often, and siracha, or hot sauces, or bbq sauce, or ketchup..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom