What did you cook or eat today (December 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our last unhealthy meal for a while.

Our last unhealthy meal for a while.

View attachment 78452
Eggs are pretty healthy in my book, the pork chop looks pan seared, also not too bad. Peas? They aren't overcooked and have a lovely colour, not swimming in butter like they would be on my plate. In fact, I don't see much evidence of grease anywhere, so looks healthy to me!

I know nothing about blood pudding's health benefits or detriments and don't want to!

I love the potato croquettes, I don't care if they are healthy or not. I'd have more than 3 on my plate for sure. Cheers!

Last edited:
Eats, shoots and leaves is the punchline of the Randy Panda joke. I´ll give you the first line or two, then you can work out the rest:
" A panda goes into a bar and wants some action.
When he gets into the "action" room, he goes straight to the fridge and gobbles down everything.
Then he gets "action" and, immediately, rushes out"
Randy Panda
When I was in my early twenties we had a mate who's nickname was Wombat...similar punchline, "eats, roots n leaves".

Last edited:
I love black pudding too. I ate it at every opportunity on my UK trip. We get it here but it really varies in quality- the supermarket stuff is tasteless.

We had our friend in for lunch one day thru the week and that about the only proper cooking I’ve done this week.

A prawn cocktail salad, a Thai beef salad, potato salad and the Espresso Martini Trifle I’ve been eyeing off for a while. Totally overboard dessert but it’s happily sitting in the fridge with us having a bowl each day.

I sense the creation of a new thread when MG wakes up in the morning. :laugh:

CD
What shall we call it?
"Mayo and its aberrations" ?
"You Mayo may not like this"?
"Salad Cream Rules the Waves"?
:D:D

Its all too complicated for me this time of night morning. Posts about mayo are intermingled with other subjects and replies. :hyper:

Whenever I make fries/chips/hunks of potatoes, I always ask, "What's the dip today?"

Around here, it could be ketchup, chili sauce, mayonnaise, sour cream, salad cream, mustard, or some kind of mix of two or more of those (along with honey, or garlic, or basil...).
Down here, we love our hot chips (fries) with gravy (brown).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom