What did you cook or eat today (November 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out to dinner at Coopers Hawk last night. It's a multi state small to medium size chain with a winery. I only got a couple of pics, my flight of bubbly wine and dessert. We got their meatballs for an appy and they were really good. Craig got their red wine braised short ribs, which he said were good, but not as good as a high end locally chef owned place. I got surf and turf, parm crusted filet mignons and potato crusted scallops. Mine was good, but the filets were tiny and more toward medium than the med rare i ordered, and they didn't clean/remove the little tough side muscle from the scallops. Dessert, however, was a huge hit. Salted caramel creme brulee. OMG, I was stuffed but i could have eaten another one. Definitely making this myself. Overall, it's a place worth going back to.
View attachment 75971
View attachment 75972
Looking forward to your take on this.
I do plain brulee, wife would love this.

Russ

Are you putting up a challenge?!

Maybe. What do you think, a Special Challenge: Sandwiches. Rules, you must have at least two pieces of bread -- then get crazy with it?

1637967262462.png

CD

My flintstone steaks, I took bone off

Russ

View attachment 76080

Bone-in ribeyes? (or whatever you call ribeyes down there). You should have left the bones on until cooked. The "chef" gets to gnaw the meat off the bone, caveman style. (my dog hates when I do that -- he thinks that is his privilege, even though he contributed nothing to the cooking of the steak)

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom