What did you cook/eat today (October 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a whilst I've still got electricity meal...
Storms coming through have taken it down twice so far which is unusual here in my part of NSW.

I might need to work on presenting cheese sauce! Its darker than normal because hubby bought every version of miso he could find except for the blue label one I wanted... and then I also added black garlic for a change.

It certainly looks good.
Thank you. Sadly it could have been much better. The recipe started off by cooking the pasta. Then saying marinate the tofu, then said cook in oven for 25 minutes, then make sauce up... I tried to rearrange things after I saw this part way through, step 1 unhelpfully on page 1, the rest on page 2. I'd also had to make the cajun spice mix which I stupidly did whilst the pasta was cooking. I should have left the pasta until the very end but I wasn't feeling well, was rushed and didn't read it through properly. The timings were crap. The pasta sat partially cooked waiting for 30 minutes or more for the sauce which didn't have much heat or flavour to it and was bitty. We followed the recipe to the letter . I should have gone with my instincts and switched the firm tofu for either cashew nuts or silken tofu, both of which I have. It would have worked much better texture wise.
:(

Did you make the pumpkin gnocchi?
No. Given its organic and literally contains potatoes, pumpkin, flour, egg, canola oil and salt and happens to be sensible price and good, I can't see the point. But I do make my own gnocchi normally (including nettle gnocchi). This one is the exception.

Mini baguettes with avocado, siracha and a touch of mayo for lunch.

No pic, but a turkey-and-cheese sandwich, with some chocolate-and-peanut butter candies for after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom