What did you cook/eat today (October 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BLT, cheese and zucchini casserole, with a salad.

Huevos rancheros with Mayan cacao nib spice mix. Black beans at 12 o'clock, then clockwise poached egg, avocado, chorizo. Queso fresco in the middle. Cilantro and the spice mix on top. Craig had pickled jalapenos as well. It was spicy enough for me as is. Bottom was homemade corn tortillas and a red sauce.

2019-10-09 19.07.54.jpg

There's a little roadside bar/grill, very basic, just a couple of miles from the house, and they just went under new management, so we swung in there to get some takeaway.

The wife had a "skinny girl" burger (4oz) with some onion rings and I had a steak sandwich with pizza sauce, provolone, and banana peppers, and a side of potato chips/crisps.

Evening meal last night

Lunch today (we were out for breakfast so it was larger than normal. Finding vegan or even dairy free vegetarian breakfasts where we were eas hard. The waitress was tearing her hair out with those in the kitchen because despite recording we were both dairy free, one allergic etc, and stating no butter, both meals were sent out with the toast buttered! ).

Somewhere between medical appointments and picking up hubby, I was able to complete the cooking of my Staffordshire oatcakes (started yesterday, and left to proof overnight (should have been 3-4 hours but yeast wasn't very active, spo it took 24hrs instead! ) I had little choice but complete them today) . And I had our evening meal to cook as well.

Another round of medical appointments tomorrow means I will only have time to get 2 cashew nut cheeses going. Fingers crossed because the cashews are soaking already.

But whilst sitting in one of the surgeries, I did spot an intriguing entry for the potato recipe challenge. Fingers crossed I get time to try it out.

One of those Friday evening meals, after some fairly devastating news today. quick and ready whilst I drove to pick hubby up from the 'local' bus stop 8-9km away. Had fun on the gravel roads though after rain today (only 5mm) soaked into the newly graded gravel road. The result being its safer to drive on the loose gravel than the smoother area because of a quick sand effect that occurs in certain places. One if the few times I have had a rear end slide whilst cornering (hubby calls it drift, I call it loss of control! ). Ended up wishing I was in my vehicle not his and had to lock the diff out in the SUV. It's AWD, with only 3 settings, tarmac, snow and lock. Lock gives me most control, but it meant I was late picking him up (a mob of kangaroos didn't help either) and even later home. Result was that tea was overcooked. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom